To report someone missing in the United States, call 911 immediately. Every second matters.
To report someone missing internationally please click the button below to complete the ICMP form.
INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION ON MISSING PERSONS
- Policy Coordination Group: Accounting for Missing Persons Is Fundamental to Establishing Peace in SyriaThe Hague, 23 June 2022: Implementing a systematic process to account for missing and disappeared persons in Syria must be a central element in peace negotiations and can contribute to peace implementation in a fundamental way, participants at a meeting of the Policy Coordination Group (PCG) said this week. Meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday in The Hague, […]
- An Effective Strategy is Urgently Needed To Account for Missing and Disappeared Persons from the Syria ConflictThe Hague, 22 June 2022: – More than 130,000 people are missing as a result of the present conflict in Syria. This includes people who are missing as a consequence of summary executions, arbitrary and incommunicado detention, kidnapping and abduction, enslavement, chemical attacks, and other human rights abuses. The fighting and day-to-day ravages of war […]
- Intergovernmental Roundtable: Countries in the Middle East & Europe Must Cooperate to Address the Issue of Missing SyriansThe Hague, 22 June 2022– The Third Intergovernmental Roundtable on Syria convened by the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) was held today under the title “Accounting for the Missing Is an Investment in Peace”. The roundtable, convened virtually, examined effective means of cooperation among European and Middle Eastern countries that are hosting large numbers […]
- The Hague, 21 June 2022: – Syrian civil society representatives identified challenges and opportunities to unify the efforts of Syrian networks working on the issue of missing persons in the Syrian context, at a virtual event hosted by the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) this week. Speakers highlighted the importance of forging and strengthening partnerships […]
- The Hague, 30 May 2022: Ukraine’s Prosecutor General, Iryna Venediktova, visited the Headquarters of the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) in The Hague today. After touring ICMP’s DNA laboratory, Ms Venediktova and ICMP Director-General Kathryne Bomberger discussed ICMP’s program to help the authorities in Ukraine establish an effective, long-term strategy to account for thousands of […]