To report someone missing in the United States, call 911 immediately. Every second matters.
To report someone missing internationally please click the button below to complete the ICMP form.
INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION ON MISSING PERSONS
- ICMP statement 33 years after Kurds suffered in Anfal campaign: victims and their families deserve justiceBaghdad, 14 April 2021 – To commemorate the 33rd anniversary of the Anfal campaign that killed and disappeared large numbers of Kurds, the International Commission on Missing Persons reiterated that the rights of victims and their families to truth, justice and reparations must be secured. The Baath regime’s Anfal campaign involved military operations, attacks with […]
- Syrian Civil Society representatives, families of the missing discuss way forward on detainees during ICMP-facilitated discussionThe Hague, 12 April 2021 – Syrian civil society representatives and other key actors called for the immediate release of all who are missing following arbitrary detentions in Syria during a recent roundtable discussion hosted by the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP). The 8 April 2021 discussion addressed the harrowing circumstances of detention in Syria […]
- 9 April 2021 – In an assessment report launched this week during a meeting of the Berlin Process’ International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Working Group, the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) examines Libya’s efforts to account for missing persons and recommends action to establish a sustainable and effective missing persons process. Between 10,000 […]
- Evidence related to missing persons a focus in second ICMP course for first responders in Northeast SyriaThe Hague, 25 March 2021 – The importance of collecting and preserving evidence related to missing persons was a key topic in a second training course for first responders who locate persons missing from the ongoing conflict in Syria, held this week by the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP). The 22 first responders based in […]
- Iraqi civil society organizations expand knowledge about missing person reporting process in ICMP courseBaghdad, 18 March 2021 – Thirty representatives from as many Iraqi civil society organizations strengthened their ability to assist families of missing persons in the missing persons process, including helping them to report disappearances and apply for compensation, during a two-week International Commission on Missing Person course that ended today. Sessions during the course, held […]